Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Eating Healthy is "Green" Too: Butter Beans, Kale, and Cilantro Soup


Butter Beans, Kale, and Cilantro Soup

I created this recipe after my family got tired of eating a meal of speckled butter beans, kale, corn, and whatever meat I cooked last week.  I did not want my wonderful organic vegetables that were delivered from Nature Delivered (http://ga.naturesgardendelivered.com/) to go to waste. Plus I cooked and seasoned them to perfection (my daugther's words not mine).  I decided to put my VitaMix Blender to use and made a wonderfully unexpected, healthly, tasteful soup.  I hope you enjoy as much as my family did!!!

1 1/2 cup of cooked Organic Speckled Butter Beans (seasoned to your liking)
1 cups of cooked Organic Kale (seasoned to your liking)
1/4 cup of Organic Cilantro
1 cup of Organic Carrots
1 tbs of Agave Nectar
1 cup of Vegetable Broth or Liquid from Kale
1 tbs of Earth Balance butter
1 cup of cooked Rice (I used the Lemon Grass and Coconut 90 minute Rice from Trader Joe's, but any rice would work.)
4 Organic Tomato Slices
Few Cilantro leaves for garnish


Using a VitaMix Blender, I did the following:

1. Put the butter beans, kale, cilantro, carrots, agave nectar, and broth (or kale liquid) in the blender.

Note: Add more liquid for your desired consistency.

2. Blend on High setting for 5 minutes until soup is warm.

3. Add butter

4. Blend for 2 more minutes.

5. Pour soup in the bowl, place 1-2 tbs of rice in the center of the bowl, place a tomato slice on the side, and place a cilantro leaf for a garnish.

Makes 4 cups of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...